City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed Thursday and Friday, November 24 and 25 for Thanksgiving. There will be no litter and recycling collection on Thanksgiving Day (see below for details).
City offices are closed for Thanksgiving
City offices and facilities that will be closed on November 24th and 25th for the Thanksgiving holiday include the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- Arts Center, 816 S. Main St.
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Council and Courthouse (including City Court), 510 W. Ninth St.
- Georgetown Community Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Grace Heritage Center, 817 S. Main St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St. The library closes at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 23
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Department Offices, 3500 DB Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
The facilities will be closed on Thursday 24th November and open on Friday 25th November
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Collection Station, 250 WL Walden Drive
- Garey Park, 6450RM2243
- Visitor Center, 103 W. Seventh St.
GoGeo limited paratransit and bus services to those 65 and older
There will be no service on Thursday and Friday, November 24th and 25th.
recycling and solid waste
There will be no garbage or recycling pickup for Texas Disposal Systems customers in the city of Georgetown on Thursday, November 24th. The waste collection for Thursday and Friday will be collected on one day:
- Thursday slides to Friday
- Friday slides to Saturday
Garbage and recycling carts should be left at the curb by 7am on the day of collection. If you have any questions, call TDS at 512-930-1715.
Several events are held in Georgetown during the week and weekend of Thanksgiving, including:
- Community Thanksgiving: Members of the public are invited to a complimentary Thanksgiving meal on Thursday, November 24 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Georgetown Community Center, 445 E. Morrow St. from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Meals are provided on an availability -served basis, planned and supported by the Georgetown Fire and Police Departments.
- Plaza Lights: Friday, November 25, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., on the east steps of the historic Williamson County Courthouse at 710 S. Main St.
- Shop Small Saturday: Starting at 10:00am on November 26, holiday shoppers and visitors are encouraged to celebrate the season and support small businesses by shopping at local businesses. Participating retailers and restaurants will have special offers.