#13/#11 North Carolina (9-1, 6-0) vs Georgia Tech (4-6, 3-4)
Chapel Hill, NC • Saturday, November 19, 2022 • 5:30 p.m. ET
Keenan Stadium (50,500) • ESPN2
Carolina Football Media Center
Series vs. GT: GT leads 31-22-3
Series Streak: GT won the last game
Last session: 2021 (L, 22-45)
Last UNC win: 2019 (W, 38-22)
Record: 9-1 (6-0 ACC)
head coach: Mack Brown (State of Florida, ’74)
Overall record: 274-140-1, 34th year
Record at UNC: 99-64-1, 14th year
Record: 4-6 (3-4 ACC)
Head Coach: Brent Key (Interim) (Georgia Tech, ’01)
Overall record: 3-3, first season
Record at Georgia Tech: same
Kick-off: 7:30 p.m. ET
ESPN2: Beth Mowins, play-by-play; Kirk Morrison, analyst; Stormy Buonantony, sideline
Tar Heel Sports Network: Jones Angell, play-by-play; Brian Simmons, analyst; Lee Pace, sideline
Satellite Radio: SiriusXM (81), App (81)
Website: A live radio show from the Tar Heel Sports Network is available on UNC’s official sports website, GoHeels.com, as well as through the Varsity Network app.
Tar Heel fans of all ages are encouraged to welcome the team to the stadium on match day. While construction is ongoing at the Kenan Football Center during the 2022 season, the Carolina team buses will arrive between the Genome Sciences Building and the Sonja Haynes Stone Black Cultural Center two and a half hours before kickoff. The team marches through the amphitheater to the front of Kenan Football Center before entering the building.
ACC COASTAL CHAMPIONS
• North Carolina is the final winner of the ACC Coastal Division, with the ACC divisions going into next season. The Tar Heels are a perfect 6-0 in conference play and 9-1 overall. This is the fourth time since 1980 that UNC has started a 9-1 (2022, ’15, 1997, ’80) season.
• UNC are down 6-0 for the first time in school history. It’s the only school in the country with six road wins, and the six straight road wins are the
second longest active streak in the nation.
Tar heels and yellow jackets
• North Carolina and Georgia Tech meet for the 57th time and the Yellow Jackets lead the series 31-22-3.
• This is the first game since 2018 to be played between the two ACC Coastal Division rivals at Chapel Hill.
• They did not play in 2020 after the schedule was reconfigured due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The two teams met every season between 1980 and 2019.
• UNC is 13-11-2 all-time home against GT.
• The streak dates back to 1915, when the Jackets started a four-game winning streak that year with a 23-3 win in Atlanta.
• UNC’s first win came in 1929 away by an 18-7 advantage.
• Carolina went to Winston-Salem and picked up her sixth away win of the season over Wake Forest, 36-34, to win the ACC Coastal. Drake Maye threw for 448 yards and three TDs while running for 71 yards and one TD.
• Georgia Tech lost 35-14 to Miami in Atlanta to fall back to 4-6 this season.
BROWN VS. WATCH FOREST
• North Carolina head coach Mack Brown owns a 7-4-1 record against Georgia Tech.
• Brown is 6-2 in his last eight meetings with the Yellow Jackets, spanning the 1992-97 and 2019-2021 seasons.
• Saturday is Brown’s first home game against Georgia Tech since returning to UNC in 2019.
CAROLINA IN THE POLLS
• Carolina is ranked 13th in this week’s Associated Press poll. The Tar Heels are ranked 11th in the Amway Coaches Poll.
• Carolina finishes the regular season at home against NC State on Friday, November 25th. Kick-off on ABC is scheduled for 3:30 p.m